5.14.15

C'kemi!!!
So the first two days after pday were difficult. My teacher calls it the PDay hangover. Its hard to get back into missionary mode, and the stress starts to kick in. But Saturday afternoon, I did a lot better! The week has been so great! Everyday, I am always shocked by how amazing each day is. Talking to family on sunday was also great. It definitely helped me stay motivated. I miss everyone a ton, but am so happy to be here, and serving the Lord. 
   So, I have made my bed every day so far. If you know me, you know this is a struggle! But my bed is always made and my stuff is always put away. I love it and love having everything looking perfect! 
   Random story: there is an Elder here that looks just like Chris Pine. I pointed him out to my zone and they all agreed!! I see him everywhere, and it is just so funny. Sorry, I know, super random!
   Random story #2: Every once in awhile, our zone does something called 'warm and fuzzies.' Everyone puts funny quotes from the week or just something nice about another person, in a box, and they are read anonymously.  One Elder started to read one, and it said "Sister Bennett is always so nice. I love her smile and positivity." He accidentally said "posterity" not "positivity" and eveyone busted out laughing. He was bright red, and when he realized his mistake, he couldn't stop laughing. Everyone was in tears from laughing so hard, and it took the elder forever to explain that it actually said positivity. Super funny. 
   The language is going so well. We are learning about grammar, and it is isn't easy, but I think I'm getting it. I'm getting faster at reading, and recognizing words while reading the albanian preach my gospel and book of mormon. Some of the words are difficult and can easily be messed up. For example:
                     Djal means boy, but Djall means demon (the J makes a Y sound). So you could easily mix up the two and accidentally say that Joseph Smith was a demon, instead of a boy. 
Also, conversion in Albanian is "kthimi ne besim." Which means return to faith. So conversion is translated to return to faith. It's so cool to see how some words have deeper meanings in other languages than english. It's awesome! 
   My week has just been great! We are really learning to teach by the Spirit and it has been amazing! We walked out of our two lessons yesterday just feeling amazing. I know that if you ask and listen for the Holy Ghosts guidance, that he will help you remember the words that you need to say, and that will help your investigator. This church is so amazing, and I love the opportunity I have to serve. E de se qe kisha eshte vertet! (probable bad grammar but I know the church is true!) I love you all and miss you so much! 
Love, 
Motra Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment